Enyinna Nwachuku, MDPGY-2 Resident
Enyinna L. Nwachuku, MD, began his residency with the University of Pittsburgh Department of Neurological Surgery in July of 2015. He graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 2010 with a degree in neuroscience, and subsequently earned his medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh in 2015.
Along with three other colleagues from medical school, Dr. Nwachuku is a co-founder of a national and locally funded, non-profit, after-school organization called The Healthy Minds Academy which is a program geared toward at-risk youth in the public school systems of Pittsburgh.
Dr. Nwachuku was born in Nigeria. Interests outside of neurosurgery include cinema, traveling, and global/public health disparities
Specialized Areas of Interest
Pediatric neurosurgery; functional and stereotactic neurosurgery; neurotrauma.
Professional Organization Membership
American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Congress of Neurological Neurosurgeons
Pennsylvania Medical Society
Honors & Awards
- Career Education Enhancement for Health Care Diversity (CEED) Grant
- Carolyn Carter Gateway Medical Society 4th Year Medical Student Scholarship
- American Psychiatric Foundation “Helping Hands Grant”
- National Institute of Mental Health R25 Grant
- Pennsylvania Medical Society Medical Education Scholarship
- Student National Medical Association-Physician Research Initiative Fellow
- Gateway Medical Society Scholarship Recipient
- National Medical Association Emerging Scholar Award