Family House serves as a "home away from home" for adult patients and their families who travel to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) and other area hospitals for evaluation or treatment of serious or life-threatening illnesses. There are three Family House facilities in the university area.
Each Family House facility features:
- beautifully furnished bedrooms with private bath, cable TV and telephone;
- graciously appointed living rooms, kitchens and dining rooms;
- less expensive than traditional hotels;
- door-to-door shuttle service to and from the hospital;
- 24-hour security, and
- campanionship and support of dedicated volunteers and staff.
5301 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Administrative Office Phone:
Administrative Office Fax:
Housing Office Phone (Accommodations):