Roberta K. Sefcik, MD, began her residency with the University of Pittsburgh Department of Neurosurgery in June of 2017. She graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in 2011 where she pursued an interdisciplinary degree in psychology and music performance, focusing on bagpipe performance.
She was admitted to the Humanities and Medicine Program and the Patient-Oriented Research Training and Leadership Program at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York where she received her medical degree and a master of science in clinical research in 2017.
Dr. Sefcik's publications can be reviewed through the National Library of Medicine's publication database.
Dr. Sefcik was born and raised in Dunedin, Fla.
Specialized Areas of Interest
Education & Training
- BA, Pyschology/Music Performance, Carnegie Mellon University, 2011
- MS, Clinical research, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, 2017
- MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, 2017
Honors & Awards
- Distinction in Research, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, 2017
- Patient Research in Science and Medicine Grant, 2013
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2011